From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 12:24:12 +0100
On 8 May 2008, at 22:06, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Steve >  You'll need to align yourself with an appropriate authority
> figure in presenting your case tactfully and to some degree
> subconsciously in order to make inroads.  How one does that will
> take creativity.

Are there any current authority figures that support paleo?

> Larry is that authority figure.  And, as I've said before, my family
> is closed.  But to his credit, and to Bridget's credit, my timing
> stunk.  I am going to follow back up once things have calmed down a
> bit.

What was wrong with your timing?  Maybe I missed something in your
other emails.

Also I forgot to suggest to you Jim, have you read Not All In The Mind
by Richard Mackarness?  He was a doctor and was very successful at
treating mental illness with elimination diets.  He was also a
believer in paleo eating, although he doesn't make a big thing about
it in his book.  Possibly the most interesting thing to point out to
Larry would be the description in there of the unbelievable extent he
had to go to (if I remember right, liquid food in opaque containers,
injected directly into the stomach)  convince other doctors that it
wasn't a mind game and the food was in fact the cause of the illness.
Possibly something like this will help someone who is still conned by
medicine.

Ashley