Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:38:53 -0400
siobhan made a very good post about water filtration.  Her notes about
Multi-Pure are accurate.  She's done her homework.  Multi-Pure's solid
carbon block filter is NSF certified to reduce the widest range of
contaminants.  NSF is the National Sanitation Foundation (an independent,
non-profit organization).  NSF has been testing and certifying consumer and
industrial products for more than 50 years.   <www.nsf.org>

This solid carbon block system leaves in the natural trace minerals.  Water
filtered through a Multi-Pure solid carbon block costs just pennies per
gallon (7 to 8 cents/gallon); it is dispensed on demand (3/4 gallon per
minute); Multi-Pure also offers one of the longest warranties in the
industry (30 day unconditional money back guarantee as well as a 1-year
warranty on connectors and a 25 year warranty on the housing.

Since fluroride is a naturally dissolved mineral, the solid carbon block
does not remove it.  For those who want to remove the fluoride (and some
folks do want to remove it) or for those who have well water and don't like
the hard mineral taste of well water or have had their wells tested and come
up with nitrates or nitrites in the water, Multi-Pure has a Reverse Osmosis
(RO) system which combines the RO technology with the solid carbon block.

My husband and I have used a Multi-Pure for over 13 years.  We've never been
dissatisfied with it.  Pure water is as important as nourishing foods.
Besides doing freelance food and health writing and teaching natural
foods/paleo cooking cooking classes, I educate people about water and water
filtration options and also distribute Multi-Pure Drinking Water Filtration
Systems.  If you want to know more about Multi-Pure water filters, or want
help comparing various systems on the market, I am happy to help.

Sincerely,

Rachel Matesz
http://www.multipureusa.com/matesz.htm