From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:00:56 -0700
Mary wrote:
> I also think getting off all traces of gluten can help with things like
> depression, panic attacks.

My panic attacks were direct allergic reactions to corn.  As corn is in
everything, this was very difficult to really understand.  I'm very very
sensitive to it.  For example, when I tried some sucralose, I had a nice
corn "panic attack".  Confused, I researched the ingrediants.  The
"maltodextrin" I discovered, could have been, and probably was, made
from corn.  For me, depression and specifically panic attacks were
predictable, repeatable processes directly related to allergies.  Each
allergic reaction had a specific feel, to the point where I would feel a
panic attack, or rapid mood swing, and by its nature and feel, could
say, "must have accidently eaten corn" or wheat, or garlic, or
whatever.  Carefully researching all the ingrediants of the food, I
discovered that I was right in every case.  Now I have them all
identified and no longer suffer from either panic attacks or depression,
short of occasional mistakes.

Erik Hill