From:
Tracey Baldrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:53:36 +0100
Thank you Don, Ron, Ray and David.   Your answers have certainly helped me
understand things better.

The definition for organic here in the Netherlands is (translating from
www.BioNext.nl ):

"The cow receives 100% organic, GM free food.  Cows are made to eat grass.
A minimum of 60% of their food must be roughage which the cow can ruminate,
such as grass, clover and hay.  Organic cows receive less maze and soya."
(but it doesn't say what percentage of maze or soya they do receive)

So, whilst these cows are 'organic', presumably they don't qualify as paleo?
What does 'grass finished' mean?

Hmm...I shall now find out more about all those cows hanging out on the
polders, Don......the vast majority are dairy but I'll find out what the
non-dairy ones get up to! ;o)

Ron, you wrote:.....
<<Weston Price and Paleo are both venerable paradigms, but there is a lot of
solid science that falls outside of both of these perspectives, and may yet
prove crucial to healthy eating, especially for those whose genes are partly
or wholly non-European.>>

Which is interesting for me because although I was born and raised in
England, my mother is Indian/Portuguese and my father Russian/Polish.
Growing up, we were raised on a diet mainly consisting of white rice and
meat curries.  Try as I might to go completely Paleo, I can't give up the
rice (though I now use organic brown basmati).  I crave it and 'need' it.
What are the 'paleo' thoughts on this?  And for those who eat no bread, rice
or pasta (haha...most of you on this list!)....what do you do to soak up the
gravy/sauces of your food?   I hate dry food without any sauce or liquid!
What do you do instead?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Bes wishes
Tracey
Netherlands