From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:39:09 -0400
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:00, Susan Carmack wrote:

>Hi Paleopeople,
>
> I found out that most of the wild meat in Canada
>(that I was eating anyway), has been farmed, hence grain fed.
>So, I have been experimenting with ranched grass fed meat. I just
>found out that these cows are supplemented with kelp which is
>detrimental for some celiacs like me.
>
>Is there any animal left that is truly grass fed?

A few suggestions:

1. Go paleo and eat wild game. Link up with a local hunting club and do a deal with them,
explain your problem and be prepared to eat birds as well as mammals.

2. Go hunting yourself. Learn butchering (and tanning)

3. Road kill

4. Eat fish caught in the wild. Link up with a fishing group. Go fishing yourself. Tinned
Alaskan salmon is said to be ocean-caught, but I don't know for sure; you'd have to track it
back through the supply chain

5. Grow your own poultry free range (no grains) and eat the meat and eggs

6. Just eliminate from your mind the idea that red meat has to mean cattle. There should be
free range goat meat available. Go for variety.

7. Are you quite sure your self-diagnosis is correct as to the cause/causes of your
symptoms? Look for a couple of informed and sympathetic second opinions. I suspect you'll
find there are other factors that exacerbate your symptoms (environmental, exercise, lack
of really fresh vegetables, inadequate sleep, damage from past un-paleo ways, pollution,
indoor air quality, allergic responses to plastics or other modern chemicals, stress, isolation/
loneliness).

You might be better off relocating than staying where you are and trucking paleo meat in.

Keith