From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:48:59 -0400
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:23:45 -0500, Valerie Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Okay--Step one for switching to Paleo is quick, low acid breakfasts.

>Could anyone suggest quick low acid breakfasts?
A handfull of almonds (almonds are one of the very few
protein-rich food items with a alkaline result).

> I'm concerned to make sure
>I'm getting enough vitamin C without eating tomatoes or fruit.  I will
>allow one very small amount of blueberries and one very small pear or fuji
>apple per week.  No other fruit.

No fruit? that will be hard.
How about berries?
You can use some very vitamin extreme ones.

Rose hips.
blackcurrant.

Good Vitamin C vegetables are Fennel, kohlrabi, cauliflower, spinach.
Also good raw.

And if you don't dare, brain of calv has 50mg/100g - like spinach or
oranges. At least 150g per day.

regards

Amadeus