Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 16:08:56 -0500
Katie Bretsch wrote:
> My point was simply that, based on the evidence that cooking practices of
> various kinds may in fact be very ancient, the dogmatic stance that only
> raw foods are acceptable seems to me to over state its case.  I'm not
> advocating a blanket "all prepared foods are optimal for all people"
> stance, either. Just expressing a personal difficulty with the orthodox
> position.
I believe most paleo munchers see it in a similar way. It's not that
anything that deviates from a raw food, eat only the way our ancestors
ate is bad for you. It's that if you only eat that way you pretty much
guarantee that you are eating foods that you are adapted to eating. There
very well may be non-paleo foods out there that aren't bad, but if you
want to make sure then you eat pure paleo.

Ilya