From:
Dave Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:38:26 -0500
It took me a long time to "get" the IF thing. Art talked about it in
the old EvFit archives from years ago, but for whatever reason his
past explanations just didn't sell me. Then he made a post early last
August, in which he referenced a study by Mark Mattson which
illustrated in pretty clear terms Art's idea that intermittent eating
patterns were an obvious and natural complement to intermittent
exercise patterns.

Since then I've stayed pretty close to the overall pattern Art
described in his blog which he derived in the Why We Get Fat paper:
skipping dinner every third day or so, and a full day without food
every 4-5 weeks. Plenty of modification for various things - holidays
especially.

This was the smartest move I made in all of 2005. Not just for me,
but for work and family too.

DF