From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:13:09 -0600
On 1/7/2012 5:26 AM, Geoffrey Purcell wrote:
> As regards going rawpalaeo, most rawpalaeodieters report finding that they get used to and enjoy/prefer the taste of raw animal foods, in general,  after c. 8-12 months or so. Of course,  some rawpalaeos get used to it all long before that either wholly or partially.

I suspect you could get used to eating most anything if you kept it up
for a year.

> Lastly, I have always been puzzled at claims that cooked meats taste better.  In actual fact, when one thinks about it, most cooked-food-eaters feel the need to  smother their cooked foods  in endless sauces, herbs and spices(ketchup, mustard, salt(especially), pepper, worcester sauce, HP sauce etc. etc.) in order to make them more tasty, thus making it clear that cooked foods actually are less tasty and that it's just addiction re opioids on the brain that makes them want to eat more.

I don't know about "most" people, but I eat plenty of cooked meat, and I
almost never add anything to it.  I do tend to cook my red meat rare,
though.  If I get it "well done", I will often add something, but more
for moisture than flavor.

--
   Robert Kesterson