From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 05:17:02 -0400
I disagree. It's quite easy to work out which foods can make one last longer.
For example, the Native Americans of previous centuries would deliberately
stock up with pemmican( meat plus lots of fat) for long journeys. They were
also acutely aware of the condition of rabbit-starvation, which occurs when
you have too much protein and almost no  fats(or carbs) - the result was that
they always made sure to get hold of enough  fatty meats, not just for taste
reasons.

Geoff