From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:35:38 -0800
>Hi.  One question...isn't wild boar the only "pork" that may still be
>contaminated by trichinosis?  How do we ensure that the wild boar is
>trichinosis free?  Most people in the U.S. who I know are still overcooking
>commercial pork in fear of tric. even though I've read here that it is no
>longer a problem in commercial meat.

I am really more scared by the last one that they succeed at eradicating
trichonosis from the domestic commercial pork. At what price? i will try to
explain myself.

I am not sure at all that we really went the right way toward health by
wanted to get rid of infectious diseases . WE might have traded off for more
serious health problems.  I am for the opinion that Our degenative diseases
are the direct consequence of the use of vaccinations, antibiotics and other
drastic sanitary measures in view of eliminating the "cause" ( cofactors
will be more accurate) of our infectious diseases.
We might have deprived ourselves from the balancing effect between  our
inner ecology and outer ecology, that thoses littles messengers provide ( i
believe). Leaving us rather vulnerable to the consequences of our own
missalignements in the game of life.( like" adjusting "ourselves to a diet
that is not ours).
 we might not died too easely from infectious diseases anymore ( that is not
even necessarely true look at the coming back of tuberculosis and the cause
of deaths of immuned suppressed peoples). but we will sure die from cancer
or other degenerative diseases.( statistics shows) now that we have
sterilised our world.

Raw pork or boar in the form of charcuterie  ( so dry and semidry , salted )
have been eaten in France for centuries and even millenia without problems .
I don't know if the dryingor salting  is eliminating the trichonosis, but
raw pork is presently sold in France to the instincto population for years
now without extermination of that population ( they are in rather small
numbers for other reasons).
I will stop now despite that i have lot to say about this issue. see the
following post for a more complete idea of what i am talking about.
jean-claude
The