From:
Neil Abrahams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:36:19 -0800
Kevin Monceaux wrote:

>PaleoFood Enthusiasts,
>

>I could use some helpful tips.  For example I like steak but my usual
>preparation method envolves a bottle of steak seasoning and Worchestershire
>sauce.  I'm sure neither of those items are Paleo.  Anyone have any tips on
>seasoning/flavouring meats?  Also, when eating out should I worry about how
>a steak is prepared in the restaurant?
>
>I'll browse the recipe pages at www.PaleoFood.com for inspiration.  Any
>suggestions for developing a taste for organs?  I know I really should work
>some of those wonderful things into my diet.  I see a lot of recipes for
>beef heart on the recipee page but not for other organs.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Kevin

I don't eat steak, but the Paleodiet says to trim off visible fat, so
you may need to do that.  You would likely benefit from a good recipe
book.  I bought one removed from the King County Library system for a
very low price from a seller on Amazon.com.  It would help greatly with
preparation recipes and suggestions.  Assume restaurants, unless they
are very good, will use the cheapest, most convenient preparation methods.