From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:03:18 +0300
  > However I feel that for many persons the mechanism of releasing this
short
> time glucose mechanism doesn't work properly.
> Why should one have cravings for something sweet, only a few hours after a
> meal, or in the morning, after sleep?

congratulations Amadeus, you're getting closer.
This is why there are no tuber tribes, as you have admitted by your silence.
The glucose system works perfectly, encouraging repetitive intake of carbs
as long as there is any available, through hunger-induced hypoglycemia.  Fat
storage is the result, so there is something to burn in the inevitable lean
periods ahead.  the problem comes when this one-month-a-year bonanza is
repeated all year round.

Andrew