From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:34:29 +1100
The DHA content of breast milk varies with the mother's DHA intake. It is
critical for breastfeeding mothers to have a high intake of fish or fish oil
capsules. ISSFAL now have a recommended intake of DHA for all ages and it is
much higher in pregnancy.
http://www.issfal.org.uk/adequateintakes.htm

Hunter gatherers breast feed their infants on average 4 times an hour by day
and frequently at night (co-sleeping). Makes me wonder how many breast
feeding problems would be solved if city mothers just let the infant at the
breast as often as the infant wanted. I'll bet within 5 days, they'd all
have milk galore.

Ben