Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:16:01 -0800
John and everyone,

About my mention of casein peptides.  It's just something I've been
looking into lately.  Casein is a component of milk and difficult to
digest.  They make glue out of casein.  Supposedly casein peptides (what
you get when the milk proteins aren't completely broken down) collect in
the kidneys.  I'm trying to find out what they do there.  They can leak
through the gut into the bloodstream when a person has a "leaky gut
syndrome".  Some people think that casein antibodies are involved with
diabetes because the beta cell protein is similar to casein.  Mary J.