Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:35:36 -0400
Anna L. Abrante wrote:
> Flaming is appropriate when the spirit of the flame is to help
> insure the safety of the people at large.  My flame is a hell of
> a lot more considerate than a "doctor" claiming that eating
> *any* meat, *any* time, is perfectly ok. It is NOT, and telling
> people so is irresponsible. Period.

Thank You Anna!

Its dangerous to make blanket statements about the safety of any food
product. One can become just as ill from poorly processed unclean
organic meats as farm raised meats. Salmonella and e.coli infections
have also been traced to organic tofu, sprouts, and poorly washed
greens. Our Paleo ancestors lived in a pristine environment untouched by
modern pollutants, pesticides or antibiotics. We still do not comprehend
the long term effects of these materials or really know how much of the
food chain is affected. Just because something is labeled organic do you
eat it unwashed? Do you really believe Manuel Labor has access to soap
and water in the middle of a 40 acre field? I guess I'm from the old WCS
school. Wash it, Cook it, Smell it before you taste it.

Helen