From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:30:48 +0200
Hi Trish,
as a type 1 (IDDM), I had the same problem. Thing is, you can go into
diabetic ketoacidosis only with very high glucose levels. As long as you
keep your BG in check, everything's fine.

Here in Italy, anyway, there's a strong prejudice against ketones. Every
single doctor or researcher I spoke to, just tells me that ketones are
poison for the body, especially for the brain. The reason being ketones turn
the body PH acid. I'm not a doctor, so often I'm not sure what to answer
them, even though I know they do me no harm. I'm paleo-ing since april and
never felt better. BG is under control , I use way less insulin than before
(and that's the real poison, and doctors rarely admit it
http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/findfac/research/0,2357,91961,00.html) and I
feel very active.

Bye!