From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:32:43 -0700

Ashley,

Generally speaking, in a perfect world, the body supposedly only craves f=
oods
which contain =

nutrients it's in need of. Of course, in a world full of processed foods,=
 our
bodies are tricked =

into all sorts of foolishness. We also have built in defense mechanisms t=
hat
you may not be =

aware of. Ever noticed how difficult it is to get small children to eat m=
ore
than a few basic =

foods? Believe it or not, that is a built in evolutionary response to mak=
sure they don't eat =

anything dangerous until they are familiar enough with their environment =
know which foods =

are good to eat and which are not. Keep in mind that human beings have th=
longest =

"childhood" of any other species on earth.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read this, but I believe it was i=
n a
Desmond Morris book =

called The Naked Ape. Even if I read it somewhere else, The Naked Ape and=

another book of his, =

The Human Zoo, are must reads for anyone interested in what it really mea=
ns to
be human.

Mike

   =