Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:38:57 -0800
Does anyone here buy lard? Where can you find it without additives or
stabilizers?

I noticed in the book UNDAUNTED COURAGE that Lewis and Clark took along
lard, tallow, and grease.

I have been making my own lard by laboriously melting it off of pork skin.

Anybody have any better methods? Awhile back I seem to remember that someone
on the paleo list said not to buy lard,maybe because of additives and
stabilizers?

I tried to buy chicken fat once at the kosher store and it had additives
like BHA, and salt.

Mary