Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:21:59 -0800
Mary,
I think that there may be a link to carb cravings and
alcoholism, but to suggest that only a change in food
choices is a "cure", I think, is off the mark.  Having
worked with alcoholics/addicts, there are many that
need other interventions is they are to recover.  AA
and NA work very well in helping people **that want
the help** to look at how their behaviors can be
causing problems in their lives and how to change
them.  I think that their is not just one simple
answer (like diet or drug therapy) to any health
problem.  Illness needs to be treated in a holistic
manner, taking into account a persons physical, mental
and spiritual being.  Just my dollars worth.  In fact,
this topic has interested me so much that I have spent
this semester researching the various avenues that
affect our well-being as a whole (like nutrition and
illness, and spirituality and illness).  there is some
great stuff out there that has been interesting
reading!
Jane

=====