From:
Greg Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 03:00:25 -0500

> Hmm... Is ground beef any better in this respect?  What about
> chicken?  Ham is not sinewy at all.
>
> Todd Moody

Ground beef is pretty much the same as beef for me.  It's just in
smaller pieces.  Chicken breast is ok I think, but if I hit a big pocket
of fat or gristle I just have to stop right there and can't eat any
more, it just disgusts me.  I'm sure for some that's a bonus.  :)  Since
I'm trying to retrain my brain where it comes to meat I'm not chancing
anything that could cause that reaction right now.  Also it's usually
pretty dry.  I keep seeing people mention cooking it in some olive oil
with some garlic and basil and such, which sounds pretty good.  I just
need to find these things out as I go.

I'll have to pick up some ham the next time I'm at the grocery and give
it a try.  I guess I just presumed it would be like beef.  The other
white meat?  Looks red to me.  Also I always hear people talking bad
about pork, although probably without any valid reason.  Just this
evening I was eating out with some people and one was commenting on how
he won't eat pork and that pigs don't sweat.  I don't know what that has
to do with the suitability of pork for human consumption...I think he
said something about storing toxins because they don't sweat, but I'd
bet they do have kidneys.  I'm sure everyone's heard the comments about
how it's a filthy animal.

-Greg