From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:00:58 -0800
>> Kristin M. Daniels wrote:
>>
>> ... Unfortunately I also lost 10 pounds and I have a
>> sneaking suspicion that I went into ketosis because I was peeing so
>> much.
>> ... I need some guidance on what to eat on this
>> diet if one wants to put on muscle and not lose 10 lbs in two weeks.

What no one has emphasized is that there will always be a dramatic
change in body composition when getting off grains and other intense
carbs. You probably just lost a lot of extra water, and a bit of
recently stored fat. You will regain some of the weight in the form of
much more pleasing to look at muscle mass, especially if you are
working out a bit.

It's also perhaps necessary to revise your estimation of how, exactly,
you were meant to be. Let your body get used to its new diet for a
while, then see what changes you think you want to make. As long as you
are eating lots of protein and fat, and minimal carbs, you should stay
at a healthy weight without storing fat or retaining fluid.

ginny