From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:41:52 -0500
I certainly don't mean to suggest that eating red meat would have made
hitler any less a homicidal lunatic. I am wondering how nutrition affects
violent behavior, and he serves as a prime example of violent behavior. It's
a "guinea pig" thing, not a personal thing.

The only personal thing about it is observing the difference that veg vs.
paleo has made for *me*, which has been a tremendous difference. I am far
less violent. As an anorexic/bulimic, part-time vegetarian teenager I was
the girl who came to school with a switchblade and a very bad attitude,
expecting that no one should get in my way. My behavior was quite vicious.
To say that any one thing was to blame for that is ridiculous. It is
obvious, however, that I had some severe imbalances associated with
nutrition. Interesting to point out that the food at my parents' house was
very low cholesterol, except for the meat of course, which I usually did not
eat!

Gandhi was a spiritually disciplined man. This makes a difference.

meaning no offense,
Stacie