Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:12:29 -0600
Achrlorhydria (no acid) or hypochorhydria (low acid) in the stomach.  Does
this problem sound familiar to some of you?  I have done some reading on
this subject and found out that low stomach acid can cause a number of
nutrient deficiencies; which is my biggest problem.  I suffer anemia and my
ferrotin level is also very, very low; doctor's can't understand why.  My
monthly flow are very light (2 -3 days), I was told that I could be bleeding
internally, how can I when I don't have any evidence of it?  I was also told
that I am a celiac, with IBS now I wonder if their diagnose is correct or
the main problem is not having enough stomach acid to digest and absorb the
protein/food(s) vitamin and minerals I eat.

Has anyone on this list had/have this problem?  If so how did you deal with
it?  Since I went on the paleo diet my problem hasn't changed I still have
the same health problems OR I should  say it has slightly improved but not
much.  Has anyone had any experience in taking the Hydrocloric acid?  Did it
help you?  I am taking the vitamin B Complex, but will it be enough?  I
don't want to go to my doctor to have more tests done if I can get this
problem under control on my own with vitamin and diet.  Your help will be
greatly appreciated.

Clelia