From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:23:41 -0700
Mary,

From your description, could this be a case of serotonin depletion?
Perhaps some carbs are in order. I don't mean abandoning this WOE, just
introducing some natural carbs and perhaps that will help replace
depleted serotonin stores. I'm not sure if 5-htp would be safe for a
child, although I imagine it would (check) and this is something I'd
personally consider in your shoes...5-htp is a precursor to serotonin
naturally occurring in the body.

--Richard