From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:43:40 -0500
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:42:36 -0400, matesz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>As to Amadeus' statement that fish was not part of the paleolithic diet
>during the ice ages or therabouts---this is debateable.  During the ice
>ages
>the cold water would have extended farther south and inland water would
>have
>been colder, so fatty fish like trought, sardines, salmon and other species
>rich in omega 3s would have been more prevalent.

You talk about inland fish? Or of homo aquaticus theory?
Iīm not aware of sweetwater fish with a composition like those fabolous
LC-EFA sources. Then fishhooks and nets are a recent invention. That doesnt
forbid, but makes frequent consumption unlikely.

For the EFAs they are probably very good (maybe dangerous too??)
but some other ingredients - new to humans - could be of danger.
Like vitamin D or A in concentrated form.

>Furthermore, no one can state with certainly what foods were and were not
>available to hominids 2 million years ago and even if we knew for sure, we
>are not hominids, we are homo sapiens, a different species!!!

Avoiding foods unavailable to paleolithic humans is what paleolithic eating
is all about, isnīt it?

We donīt speak about some anchestors very far away like 2 or 20 million
years ago (though i find thatīs of importance too).
I talked of *humans*, the human anchestors very close ago, e.g. 40000 to
1,000,000  years ago.
We were exactely the same species since 100,000 years ago at least.
That would mean that all evoltionary changes happened in the years before
100,000 years ago.  ...  If we came from the savannah - and thats state of
the art science- then  this would largely rule out fish as a EFA source.

Brains and marrow would be in - even at low hunting skills they can be
obtained by scavenging.
Or, not searching so far.. nuts are the very good source of EFAīs.

Cheers, Amadeus