Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:42:34 -0700
You are also going to find out that school is one outrageous "treat"
after
another.

Last year in ps the kids got a "treat"  (candy) first thing in the
morning
if they remembered to bring their homework.

At "snack recess" the teacher handed out cookies, crackers ,
candy.....to
every child (except mine!)

Then there is "lunch" where your child is surrounded by junk/processed
food....

Then after school as they are filing out the door, if you did not get
your
name on the board, you get a "treat" (more candy) if you did not get
your
name on the board. (I'm not kidding ! this is for real)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you got 100% on your math test, she
marked
"treat' on the paper and your child got to have ANOTHER piece of
candy.(!)

And this is not to even mention birthdays, holidays, there is
FOREVER an
excuse for more "treats"

When I was a kid we went home for lunch, there were no "treats" given
during
the day, we did not hvae "snack" recess, etc.

If you possibly are able, hs your kids.