From:
Lynn Razaitis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:48:39 -0700
Ginny, I think you're very wise to be eating your "dog food"!  And probably when your money is tight your getting higher quality nutrient dense food LOL. it seems often primitive people will go after the organs and throw away the muscle meat.

Okay....I'm ready to start devouring my own dog treats....so how do you prepare stuff? Tell me some ways that are fairly palatable to start.
(I did find an earlier post from somone who posted organ and gland pemmican. Sounds interesting so I dehydrated some of my liver to try this weekend.)

Thanks a million!
Lynn

ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Friday, Jun 18, 2004, at 14:25 US/Pacific, Lynn Razaitis wrote:

> I'm curious how many of you regularly consume glands and organs?

I do. I am feeding a domestic carnivore, so have good access to a
number of meats. I eat organic, pastured beef liver, heart, spleen, and
kidney, pasture-raised lamb liver and heart, and from a very clean
Chinese butcher, pork brains, liver, and heart. Others from time to
time as available. When money is a problem I eat very little muscle
meat from the above, and lots of the "dog food", in addition to poultry.

ginny