From:
mapper2008 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:23:56 -0500
I've yo-yoed on and off the paleo diet for 8 years.  A year ago something clicked and I've been able to maintain the diet since then.

Right now, I am 5'9", and weigh right around 155 lbs, basically what I weighed at 21 (I'm 44 now).  I was up to a very unhealthy (for me) 180 lbs a year ago, some of it muscle but most of it fat around the waist.

I am fairly active, doing runs of 45 minutes or longer 2-3X a week, a few long hikes, and some upper body stuff like pull-ups, pushup, dips, etc.

I don’t think I 'consciously restrict' calories, thought I don't know for sure.  I don't count calories and don’t know how many I burn in a day. I eat to satiety on fatty meats, a little fruit and some vegetables (maybe a piece of fruit like a banana and a large salad everyday).  If I do get hungry, I go with something like almond butter, macadamias, or pemmican.

My weight has remained stable for many months now.

Tim