From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:36:16 -0400
Well, I finally found a small bottle of edible flax oil on sale here
in Japan. Expensive stuff! So I bought it and got it home and tasted
it. YECH! How do you all USE this nasty tasting stuff? I sure do not
want to cook my eggs in it! It tastes the way linseed oil (linseed is
another name for flax oil when it is used as a wood polish) smells.
Maybe I will try when I make my next wooden bow, but I do not want to
eat it.
Any suggestions? Does the flax oil you use have a strong taste?

DO NOT COOK IN IT - You'll destroy the very reasons you bought it if you
heat it.

You are supposed to use it completely raw.

You can
1) grit your teeth and just take it. (which is what I do.)
2) put it in a highly sweetened protein shake (what I've read a lot of
bodybuilders do to get it down)
3) Try to disguise the taste with olive oil and garlic as salad
dressing.

Fawn