From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:56:26 -0700
>>One question for Justin:  my multi-vit has 25,000 iu of mixed >caretanoids
>>-- if I add the cod liver oil per your plan, will I be
>>having too much Vitamin A???

One thing to consider is that apparently our ability to turn beta carotene
into Vit A might be one of those genetic things. A lot of other carnivorous
anaimals can't do it, and need to get animal sources, so I've been
wondering the same thing about humans, namely me. I give my dog liver AND
beta carotene, and I eat liver, take beta carotene, and drink lots of
mostly carrot juice. In any case, "too much" is one of those FDA things
where I'm not sure the test was done on realistically healthy folks with
realistic diets, and even then the numbers were way high for many years.
Perhaps one can't OD on carotenoids, but just uses what's needed...

ginny and Tomo, "Mom, your tongue is orange..."

All stunts performed without a net!