From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:36:55 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
 > Really? which amounts in grams of protein?

Until I got married (approx. 5.5 years ago), I lived in a tiny NYC apartment
that did not have a kitchen.  Therefore, I either ate out or got take-out for
every meal.  I was always very lean (averaged 103-108 pounds) despite eating
lots of protein.  I don't know the typical grams, but here would be typical
menu (Note: this was pre-paleo so I was eating lots of dairy & bad oils from
commercial tuna salad, etc.-- it is also very low carb because I liked the
food and found I could eat a lot without gaining weight):

B:  Cheese omelet plus sausages
L:  Big portion of protein (usually from salad bars) ie several scoops of
tuna salad or chicken salad or egg salad PLUS whatever other protein hot
entree looked good; some salad veggies; cheese
D:  Usually 1/2 or whole roated chicken; salad veggies.  Sometimes would
order cooked vegetables from chinese restaurants.

I was dating a lot back then (ah, the good ol' days) and when I'd eat out,
I'd either get sashimi or steak or often, cheeseburgers (no bun, hold fries)
and salads with lots of dressing, etc.  I was also drinking quite a lot of
vodka (ah, the good ol'days) -- maybe Stoli as a magical ability to negate
vast quantities of calories!

I never weighed or measured portions and ate until I felt like I couldn't eat
anymore (BAD HABIT -- I KNOW, I should've have just eaten to get rid of
hunger, not get stuffed).  I couldn't keep leftovers because of the no
kitchen situation.