Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:29:22 -0700
> Paleo man didn't SLOWLY lift a fallen rock off his hunting companion, or SLOWLY drag a speared elk carcus out of a ravine.

He sure as heck did if they were heavy enough.

> Quick bursts of powerful energy were much more useful than slow plodding movements, which would only serve to get you eaten by a fast moving predator.

Superslow doesn't make you slow.  It's an athletic fallacy that you have
to train in bursts to develop explosive capacity.

> Extremely slow may be a good way to build muscle, but I doubt it's very paleo, and I completely agree with Olivia, it's extremely boring.

To the degree that exercise is fun, it's not productive.  In good form
and always protective of connective tissue, the degree of pain is
directly correlative to results.

I'd be glad to discuss this offline.  Thanks.

Jim