From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:05:01 +0900
> Well, yes, there should be a lot of debate, but if the polypill comes
> pass we know who the winning side will be.  Sigh.
>
> Theola

So far, from what I have read, this is all speculation so far. No
actual tests have been done to see what, if any, effect this combo drug
might have. It will take years of trials and long term population
studies to see any benefit or harm. In the meantime we peons will have
to suffer along as best we can. Given that low cholesterol has recently
been associated with early death in elderly people, the result may be a
  big surprise to the creators of this.