From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 20:14:06 EST
I would urge you to get Richard K. Bernstein MD's  book, The Diabetes
Solution.  It is a very low carb plan but will tell you what you need to do to
maximize your chances of gaining control of your diabetes so that it does not end up
controlling you.  A purely paleo type plan that could conceivably contain
fruits and nuts and even some root veggies could easily end up being far too many
carbohydrates for a person with type 2 diabetes.  If you live in the NY area
or can afford to travel, it would be worth every dollar to make an appointment
to see Dr. Bernstein.  He practices on Long Island.  I watched 2 parents die
of type 2 diabetes and my brother (obese,  on meds trying to follow the ADA
nonsensical diet which will never control blood sugars as it is too high in
carbohydrate) is well on his way to an early grave as well.   If you want a life
with minimal medication and maximal health as a diabetic -- I urge you to get
Dr. Bernstein's book.  You can read much of it for free at his web site
_www.diabetes-normalsugars.com_ (http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com)   and he gives
free teleseminars that doctors and diabetics from all over the world
participate in to learn his approach as they are tired of the useless ADA diet which
does not control sugars and basically makes even early type 2 diabetics
dependent on more and more drugs like Glucaphage, Metformin etc until they are
insulin dependant and gaining fat.  You may be at a stage where drugs are necessary
but you want to minimize the amount by controlling your blood sugar through
diet.  I hope this helps.
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)