Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:03:23 -0800
Grant Magnuson wrote:

> We have another loin roast (two for one sale) and are going to try
> wrapping it in foil to help retain some moisture, we're guessing that
> might work?

My suggestion to keep meat moist during cooking is this. Baste with fat.
When I cook any meat( I don't eat pork ) here's what I do. I put the
meat in the oven with a drip pan in the morning. If I'm good, I'll baste
with olive oil( other fats would work too ). I put the meat in for 30min
each side on 300 F. This kills surface bacteria sufficiently. I then
turn heat down to 170 F( low as my oven goes ) and leave it that way for
the day. The more I baste with fat the moister the meat. Chicken doesn't
have to be left on all day. It doesn't need much more than the first
hour. When I forget to baste, the meat can be dry, it doesn't matter to
me, though, it's absolutely delicious. It also is the amount of effort
I'm willing to spend. Leaving the meat in( while of course cooking it
more ) makes it all the more tender. You can add any spices with the fat
after the heat is turned down.

happy cooking,

Micke