From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:15:41 +1100
> I've been on this diet for a month now (lost 12.5 lbs.) and was diagnosed
> yesterday to have rather painful gall stones. Has this happened to anyone
> while on this diet? Has anyone noticed problems digesting animal fat after
> their gall bladder has been removed?

Firstly, gallstones take years to form.
Secondly, gallstones are a disease of "civilisation".
Thirdly, natural therapy. Do not use remedies like olive oil to treat them.
The gallbladder contracts after a fatty meal to discharge more bile to break
down the fat. The bile shoots from the gallbladder down the rather small
cystic duct to the bile duct. If your gallstones are bigger than your cystic
duct they will simply get jammed and you may wind up in emergency. If they
pass down the cystic duct into the bile duct you will be in agony still and
will still wind up in emergency.

Sorry Arthur, you're stuck with them. If your doctor say that you don't need
an operation yet, then just maybe the right diet may see them dissolve
slowly over several years. What is the right diet? - well, if you find out
please tell me. A high vegetable paleo diet may be good, but that's just a
guess.
Above all, take your doctor's advice.
Ben Balzer