From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:26:14 -0800
Yeah, sure... but without plants for your eggs, bacon, and meat wouldn't exist on the shelves.  It cracks me up that everyone seems to overlook the fact that most paleo folks are eating domesticated animals which indeed need some form of plant to produce the chops, roasts, and jerky we all indulge.   Very few on this forum  survive solely on deer, moose, quail, and gathered dandelion greens. And even the deer on my land are scarfing up the neighbors corn whenever they can.

So, I think if you want to give justification for serial monogamy, it would be more believable  to say you get tired of the same woman after a few years and like the novelty of a new partner.  Otherwise, its more of the same game, using every study, footnote, quote to justify a personal preference.  What is it about the human being that causes us to have to attach our desires to a "loftier" theory as a rationalization for whatever the freak it is we want to do?

I think marriage counselors and divorce attorneys are a symptom of a culture under extreme financial stress, deadbeat parenting and lack of morality that is pumped through the veins of TV, Facebook, and 24 hour continuous newsloops.  Not because of neolithic crop production.  There are many who have based the entirety of their philosophy as to what is lacking in modern culture due to the FLIGHT FROM THE FARM.  In other words, everything went to hell when we left the clan on the back forty for the big city life.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts.

Batsheva

From: Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Crops and morality

 As the Son of Zeus ( Ha Zeus in Greek aka Apollo) said,"God is grapes and wheat" the body and blood of the Roman Empire.  Your morality may be based on what is best for another species, not humans, thus leading to the dissonance between our DNA and the norms of our agrarian culture giving marriage counselors and divorce attorneys and important role in our economy.

All because of the needs of plants I no longer eat!