From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:57:16 -0500
Hi Wildtrout:

> High levels of small-dense LDL --- which as Todd pointed out is
> correlated with high triglycerides -- means that damage is being
> repaired somewhere in the body.

And the "repair" is what ultimately kills us - in othe words the deposition
of plaque over the inflammation.

> modern medicine does with cholesterol-lowering drugs.  It wants to get
> rid of bandages instead of figuring out why the patient is needing
> bandages.

It stops the repair handled by the cholesterol by lowering its production in
the liver. Short-term use of stains until a natural means of lowering sdLDL
to normal levels can be achieved is probably a good thing.

> They're almost unrelated.

One of the local radio stations here reported the other day that stress
played a large role in cardiovascular disease. I got the impression that
there was some sort of new research that had come out but I didn't catch the
whole story.

Marilyn