From:
Darcey Blue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:40:37 -0700
Arrow root is akin to cornstarch in that it is used as a thickener and
binder in many baked goods (this is popular with natural food fans and
vegetarians) in fact i think some vegeos make a geletain like dessert with
arrowroot, but dont quote me on that.
As for removing it from the paleo bread recipie, you might need to add some
other binder? Eggs? Perhaps.
I'm also not sure about this but arrowroot is a tuber, so  yes starchy, but
less so than some things like corn or other root veggies. I don't really
know, anyone else know where to look those things up?
I've made delicious nut bars using only honey and dried fruit as a binder.
THey are harder, but still quite delicous.
I used acorns walnuts, dried raisins/apricots, maple syrup or honey, butter
or oil and maybe some ground oats  and it is quite delicious. You could of
course eliminate the oats. I just mixed it all up in the food processor,
presed into a pan and baked until hardened...
sorry idont ahve a more set recipie, i make things up as i go.
GOod luck
darcey

We cannot claim to be taking our species and our planet seriously until we
acknowledge that a million years is a proper unit of political time. --Colin
Tudge "The time before history"
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power
and magic in it. -- Goethe
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/bluewindsong