From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:45:07 -0500
It seems that fowl eggs should only be eaten during times when you would
find them in a nest. This obviously would support Ken's rotation diet
suggestion. Only you would be eliminating them during certain seasons as
well.

My husband and daughter are both quite allergic to BOTH egg yolk and albumin
(albumin is a common allergen but many who are allergic to albumin can
handle yolk). Proving once again that just because something is paleo/edible
raw does not necessarily mean it is not a potential allergen. Our ND
suggested that we avoid them completely for 4 months, then try again in the
same manner that Ken suggested.** Also, we have been told that some cases of
food allergy are associated with nutrient deficiency (we had Zoe's hair
tested and she has all the deficiencies you would expect to see in a
vegetarian baby...we're on the right track now).

Out of boredom after having eliminated eggs, we have been eating a lot of
root-y, paleo disputable things: arrowroot, tapioca, sweet potato, etc. They
have had no ill effects for us thus far. Potatoes have always bothered Ben,
but he can eat other roots with no problem.

**By the way, some people who are doing food rotation will need to increase
the time between foods, as it can actually take 7 or more days for a food to
be eliminated from the body. 4 days is the minimum. I had observed with Zoe
that if I fed her eggs more than twice a week, she had severe symptoms (the
same symptoms caused by wheat, dairy and soy.) BTW: These were pasture-fed
chickens' eggs that we were using, and we'd been using only these eggs for
quite a long time.

Stacie