From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:46:59 -0700
Hi Christy,

Thank you for the feedback. I ended up going to the doctor and they found increased white blood cells in my urine. They put me on 3 days of Levaquin - I am not happy about it but the pain got unbearable. Besides the constant burning sensation I started to have pain right above my pubic bone. I don't have any sickleave and sitting at work all day was unbearable.

The only thing I was leary of and which I questioned, is that they didn't check what type of bacteria it is. I know commonly it is e. coli but there are instances when it's something different. Apparently they don't check anymore because Levaquin is very broad and 3 days is the standard treatment. Not that I want to take antibiotics longer than that, I just hope it clears it up. I am also going to take 9 Primal Defense a day while on the meds and probably for some time after that.

Thanks again,
Kristina

Christy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

>So what Paleo foods, if any, would be good for a UTI? Would love to avoid an
>antibiotic, but the pain is excruciating. Been using cranberry concentrate
>and d-mannose but no luck so far. Have had this since Saturday.
>
>What would a Paleo woman have done for a UTI assuming those were an issue
>then?
>
>Thanks,
>Kristina

Kristina, as one who has had around 3 UTI's a year for already 25 years,
Paleowomen would have died. Period!
I don't want to debate wether they would get it or not, you should see a
dr immediately. I've neglected my first bladderinfection and it has cost
me nearly a kidney.
I know antibiotics are a pest but sometimes you are able to make a
choice. Never mind how robust people were in old times, this is you
now. You can actually die from a severe UTI.
Fortunately since eating Paleo my bladder- and kidneyproblems have
gotten a lot less. But if ever one would rise again I'd take antibiotics
asap.
Please don't try to fight this with cranberry or something. You could
end up with damage that cannot be repaired or even lose your life.

Christy