From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:47:56 -0800
Hi Diane,
Yes, there are many problems including that many toxins and other pollution are stored in fats. It is also true that many pollutants and toxins are taken up by plant-derived foods and others are simply deposited on the surfaces of these foods. I suspect that we are better equipped to deal with the contaminants that accumulate in fats, but I don't know of any solid data to support my bias. Where possible, of course, I try to eat organic and range fed foods but one of the down sides of these foods is that they do not contain appropriate proportions of fats.... as humans used to preferentially eat bone marrow, fatty organs, brains, tongue, etc. When prey was plentiful there was no need to eat the lean meat (dog food).

I'm with you on the raw meat thing. I ate raw meat once, under the influence of considerable alcohol, but the texture was just too unpleasant for me.

Best Wishes,
Ron