From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:43:24 -0500
Very good and very important points.
One thing, though.  It seems some peoples in some areas, maybe those with
ancestors that first ate grains as a staple, seem to be adapted to that kind
of diet.  There ARE some people who do well on a high carb, nearly
vegetarian diet.  I'm not one of them.  I'm doing very well with meat and
vegetables.  But I think the reason that both sides of the arguments can
make their points ring true is that there are both kinds of people in our
population, so there will always be examples of people who become more
healthy when they take meat out of their diet, and substitute more whole
grains.
As for me, I am now sure that I do well with Paleo.  My ancestors must not
have included many grain eaters.

Paul