From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:40:07 -0800
patricia tipton wrote:

> AAhh, but you are only going by the emails that were sent to the list...
> not the ones that were sent privately.

I am sorry that happened to you. However that does seem to indicate that
a number of subscribers did not want to devote list space to recipes.

> BUT   i was also thanked repeatedly by people who WANT recipes.

Sounds like you need to set up a paleo recipe list for those who are
interested. One location that will host a list for free is

http://www.egroups.com

There are others. I personally would not subscribe. I don't cook and I
usually don't mix my foods. I realize that others do.

We have been averaging 1000 messages per month for the last two months
that I checked. There is a daily message limit of 60. When the limit is
reached the list gets locks and holds any additional messages until I
free it. I feel that we have no room for recipes and will continue to
discourage any more. We have had some how-to's on pemmican and native
american ways of preparing moose, etc. These are Hunter/Gatherer
techniques and are appropriate here. Do you see the distinction I am
making?
I want this list to be a discussion of paleo type foods. How to acquire
acceptable paleo food in our modern world is a problem. To me if it
comes in a package with a list of ingredients on it then to me it is not
paleo. I may be able to eat it without problems but I don't know until I
try it.
However this also applies to things that are "paleo". No guarantees. You
take your chances. It seems that unprocessed foods stand a better chance
and this is the basis for the list - the sharing of this kind of
information and seeing what works for others. I hope most of you have a
similar vision otherwise I will be here alone talking to myself.

David Karas
listowner paleofood