From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:02:49 +0100
Well, the Palaeolithic era started officially c.2.5 million years ago, with an even sharper increase in meat-eating c.2.3(?) million years ago - the advent of cooking is usually accepted as being at c.250,000 to 300,000 years ago. Strictly speaking, the terms "Palaeolithic Diet" and "Hunter-gatherer Diet" should be kept separate, as many hunter-gatherer tribes in the Neolithic era went in for grain- and dairy-consumption.

The agricultural revolution was well under way by about 9,000 years ago, with dairy being seemingly introduced some time after grains.

The beginning of food-processing is usually taken to be the time when Pasteur published all his results re germs(1862 onwards), giving companies a way to keep storing (junk)-foods for much longer periods before spoilage.

The beginning of the fast-food diet is usually taken to be the end of the 2nd world war as that was the time when intensive-farming became much more prevalent(though, of course, artificial fertilisers already arrived decades earlier).

Geoff

 "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognised. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, and in the third it is regarded as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer.

> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:23:51 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Timetable of diets
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Could someone please tell me the time (years) period of the Paleo,
> hunter-gatherer diet; Agricultural revolution (marked increase in grains); Industrial
> revolution (beginning of food processing); and what they consider the beginnning
> of the current "fast food" diet? Thank you for your help.
>

> **************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
> FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Invite your Facebook friends to chat on Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719649/direct/01/