From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:06:53 -0400
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, David Lewandowski wrote:

>         I see nothing wrong training twice a week at least in the initial stages
> of training but a point will eventually reached where you've gained enough
> strength that your recovery ability will not keep pace with your ability to
> induce a stress.

It's interesting.  During the summer I started working out more
frequently -- 3x/week -- as Bill Phillips recommends.  Initially
this seemed to help me get stronger, but by the end of the summer
I was feeling run-down and overstressed.  Currently I lift every
five days.  My workout is now similar to yours: one set of 6 to
10 reps to failure, followed by a second "set" at increased
weight of however many reps I can manage.  Typically no more than
three.  If I do this with sufficient mental focus, I can feel the
stress in the muscles for four days, which is why I don't work
out again until the fifth.

Todd Moody