From:
Les Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:56:59 -0500
Greetings, All.

I'm a male, 52. I know little about diet and nutrition. I have much to
learn. However, I'm an expert on being a multiple stroke victim living
in a wheelchair. Late last year, after 2 1/2 years in a wheelchair and
after hearing yet another neurologist tell me that there was nothing
more that medical science could do for me, I decided to take matters
into my own hands. I had nothing to lose.

Acting on the advice of Susan Kline, a good friend, I severed a _long-
time_ addiction to "doctor approved" Diet Pepsi (and all products con-
taining aspartame) and fully embraced Ray's NeanderThin diet. Very
quickly, things began to  happen for me. Today, I am in the process of
battling back from a place from which few people ever return. At the
moment, I'm winning. The wheelchair is gone. I am walking every day now.
This past Teusday I walked a little over a mile. 20 minutes later my BP
was 118/75. Very simply, NeanderThin is working for me.

I conclude with the following perspective: A Hunter(ess)-Gatherer in
today's world is definitely one of the Few, not the Many. This can be
disquieting. It's like going down a road in one direction and noticing
that all the traffic seems to be in the opposite lane, going the other
way. You begin to wonder what they all know that you don't. I have no
such self-doubts. You see, as I make my way down the path I have chosen,
I'm not traveling in a wheelchair anymore, I'm walking. However, I have
not thrown away my cane. I plan on tying a hook and line to the end of it
-- the next stream I come to -- and going fishing. :)

Les Smith