From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:01:56 +0900
> For one thing over 70% (probably higher) of the Asian continent can't
> take lactose in any form, and about 6 of the 7 continents are in the
> same boat.

I don't think the 70% figure can be accurate. The Japanese I live
among drink lots of milk and don't seem to suffer for it more than
European peoples. I have known lactose intolerant people, and these
people do not have those symptoms. They just drink it and go about
their day. Northern Asians like the Mongols have a heavily milk
dependant diet as well.

> When visiting some asian countries i noticed Western brainwashing and
> dis-information has caused people to believe "milk and dairy is needed
> for good health", thus you see people consuming milk each day esp. for
> breakfast. I tried pointing out that symptoms such as a stuffy head,
> mucous for no reason, joint pain and other problems might be due to the
> cow's milk they were consuming.. in Japan, Milk is so recent an
> introduction that the word is taken from English (Milrku).

There is also a native Japanese word, Gyunyu, which is also commonly
used. Japnese love foreign sounding names, it sounds cool, hip.

Japanese now use a lot of milk because the native diet is so deficient
in calcium and various other elements. Broken backed older people are
a very common sight. Their Doctors tell them to drink milk.

 In China they
> used to have a saying that went something like "Feed your child cow's
> milk if you want them to be a cow".. hence the aversion for thousands of
> years until recently when the "Western Way" has become in vogue.

Ice cream was invented 4000 years ago in China. Milk is not a new part
of the diet there.