From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:34:38 -0500
I question this data myself.  There is a huge difference in courses offered
in parochial schools versus government schools and the math, english and
literature of today versus when I went to school is in my opinion,
substandard.  Going back to the founders of this country, they were
multi-lingual, where only one foreign language is the norm today. Kids were
being passed to the next grade with substandard scores so as not to hurt
their "psychies"! That certainly didn't help matters.  I believe the high
carb eating has helped in dumbing down the masses.  Kids want to sleep in
class or are so antsy they can't concentrate.  Oliva